The monsoon season is the best time to undergo Panchakarma, an annual treatment for cleaning the body and the expulsion of the physical and mental toxins accumulated in the organs and tissues. Contrary to common belief, diseases do not appear suddenly, but they are preceded by specific signs. Symptoms such as heartburn, constipation, frequent colds, headaches, joint pain, chronic fatigue, sleep disorders, etc. …, reveal a state of metabolic imbalance and the presence of toxins in the body. If we do not eliminate these toxins from our body, these symptoms can turn into diseases. To prevent these, it is necessary to purify the body undergoing a full Panchakarma treatment.
Reasons why the Panchakarma should be performed in a clinic or hospital in India:
• Treatments and natural medicines administered to patients by our physicians are customized according to imbalances of the doshas of each individual.
·These treatments are carefully prepared by our Vaidyas in our pharmacies and their validity is limited to a few days.
• Diets during Panchakarma are strict which requires careful monitoring by our medical team in house. Throughout the process of Panchakarma, ayurvedic physicians conduct rigorous follow ups.
Who can receive Panchakarma?
All healthy individuals should receive Panchakarma annually for 3 weeks. Classical texts such as Vagbhata clearly show that everyone needs it. It is imperative for people recovering treatment for long periods with antibiotics and also for women after the menopause transition.
Benefits of Panchakarma?
Some benefits demonstrated by scientific studies:
• Increases the capacity of detoxification of the liver.
• Decreases risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
• Improves blood pressure.
• Increases by 80% the level of intestinal peptide that acts as a vasodilator after three months of treatment.
• Decreases levels of total cholesterol and increases HDL cholesterol by 7.5%.
• Reduces stress, fatigue, states of depression and anxiety after 10 weeks of treatment.
• Increases vitality, endurance of the body.
I always like to know if there is a best time of year to do certain things, and not that I really know when Monsoon season is; it apparently is the best time to undergo cleansing.